
Well it has been 2 years since I first started it and a lot has changed. It is not just the Benson boys anymore there is an addition. A little princess names Sophia, who happened to turn 1 yesterday. Today she had her 1 year check up and got 5 shots. Lets just say she is not happy with mommy right now and she is going to let me know.
Lets get everyone caught up. We are still living in Maryland. We live in the house I spent most of my teenage years in. I lost my job in October 2008 and then a few months later I was pregnant with the gift you see to the right. If it wasn't hard enough to find a job in this economy it is even harder when you look pregnant. They will never say that they aren't hiring you because of it, but you know. I just recently passed my insurance licensing exam and am now an independent insurance agent for Aflac. It isn't perfect in this economy, but it is something. Not that I don't have enough to do with taking care of 4 kids, but I love to work. Coleman had back surgery at the end of April this year. It was a long road to recovery, but he is doing amazing. It is nice to have my husband back. He can do things that he couldn't do before without an immense amount of pain. He is no longer working in the drilling industry, but instead in the delivery industry. Last month he started with UPS and it is going great. He loves the job and I think this is the only job he has ever honestly said that about. I'm just happy he has found something that he enjoys doing.
Jacob is now in 2nd grade at St. Joan of Arc. He is definitely a little socialite. He seems to know everyone in school no matter what grade they are in. Apparently he has a girlfriend, but I don't really know if she knows. He is my little ladies man and always has been. I worry about what he is going to be like when he is a teenager. He is so much like me when it comes to knowing what we want that we butt heads constantly. It is a constant battle of will. Who can hold out longer. I always win because I am mom, but it is defiantly becoming more difficult as time goes on. This fall he decided to play football instead of soccer. He seems to have a natural knack for whatever sport he plays. It doesn't take him him long to pick stuff up and be good at it. His coach informed us that he has what it takes to play football if he chooses to. That is the problem, getting him to choose a sport to play. He loves them all and wants to play all of them.
My little Benjamin. When we informed him that there was going to be another baby, he looked us dead in the eye and said "No I the baby." We thought "Crap we are in for a lot of trouble." Turns out he is the one that gives her the most attention. He loves her to death. He is still struggling with the fact of not being the baby and having to be a big brother now, but he is doing well. He is now in 1st grade. Can't believe it, my little baby in 1st grade. He is just like CJ in so many ways when it comes to school. I tell people he is his twin just 4 years apart. They act the same and they think the same. They do however like some things different. Ben is really into trucks and John Deere. He loves digging in the dirt and playing with the neighbors son Nat.
Hopefully I can keep this blog going this time. I get so wrapped up in doing everything that I forget that I need to take some time and share what is going on in our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment